In the church of Súmalya**, the clergy fulfill much more intimate roles than in other faiths. As such, the skills required of them diverge quite dramatically from those of clerics. Whereas the clergy of Tuonwë** has more in common with a paladin, most of Súmalya's clergy are not clerics but sacred consorts who are more akin spellcasting monks focused upon self-defense and redirection. These 'consorts' draw their skill less from martial training than by manifesting the force of their personality. These priests and priestesses may serve as geisha, temple courtesans, spies, or even as the concubines or guards of powerful individuals.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency
- Sacred consorts are proficient in all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, sword cane, and whip, but not with any type of armor or shield. This replaces the normal bard armor and weapon proficiencies.
- Ritual Performance
- By spending 10 minutes in a ritualistic performance, a sacred consort may prepare her allies for a coming trial with inspire courage, inspire competence, inspire greatness, or inspire heroics. The completed ritual is considered a readied action and its benefits do not take effect until the condition for which the allies were prepared comes to pass (i.e. a specific line-of-debate in the senate, a single athletic performance before an audience, an anticipated battle, etc). Once the triggering condition has been met, the ritual's benefits last for 10 minutes. The sacred consort must spend 4 rounds of bardic performance for each creature to be affected. If the conditional event does not occur within 1 hour per class level of the sacred consort, then its effect is wasted.
- Weapon Finesse
- A sacred consort gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
- Worldly Knowledge
- A sacred consort adds half her class level (minimum 1) on Appraise, Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility), and Linguistics checks; she may make checks with these skills untrained. This ability replaces bardic knowledge.
- Waking Dream
- Still working on this ability... This replaces jack-of-all-trades.
Monk Alternate Class
- A sacred consort may be of any chaotic alignment.
- Base Attack Bonus
- Saving Throws
- Good Fortitude, Good Reflex, Good Will.
|1st||Agile Opponent, Bonus Feat, Redirection, Unarmed Strike, Unearthly Grace||+0||+0 ft.|
|2nd||Evasion, Unbalancing Counter||+0||+0 ft.|
|3rd||Agile Movement, Focused Mind, Maneuver Training||+0||+10 ft.|
|4th||Exploit Weakness, Sneak Attack +1d6||+1||+10 ft.|
|5th||Purity of Body, Uncanny Dodge||+1||+10 ft.|
|6th||Bonus Feat||+1||+20 ft.|
|7th||Agile Wrestler||+1||+20 ft.|
|8th||Improved Uncanny Dodge, Sneak Attack +2d6||+2||+20 ft.|
|9th||Improved Evasion||+2||+30 ft.|
|10th||Bonus Feat||+2||+30 ft.|
|11th||Diamond Body||+2||+30 ft.|
|12th||Sneak Attack +3d6||+3||+40 ft.|
|13th||Defensive Roll||+3||+40 ft.|
|14th||Bonus Feat||+3||+40 ft.|
|16th||Sneak Attack +4d6||+4||+50 ft.|
|17th||Timeless Body, Tongue of the Sun and Moon||+4||+50 ft.|
|18th||Bonus Feat||+4||+60 ft.|
|19th||Greater Defensive Roll||+4||+60 ft.|
|20th||Fey Incarnate, Sneak Attack +5d6||+5||+60 ft.|
NOTE: Not all of the following definitions have been updated yet.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency
- Sacred consorts are proficient with the club, crossbow (light, heavy, and hand), dagger (including punching dagger), dart, flail, kukri, light mace, quarterstaff, sap, shortspear, short sword, scimitar, sling, and whip, but not with any type of armor or shield. Note that a sacred consort loses the AC benefit of their Unearthly Grace ability when wearing any armor at all, and they lose the benefits of any ability with 'Agile' in the title if wearing medium or heavy armor.
- Agile Movement (Ex)
- At 3rd level, a sacred consort may ignore 10-ft of difficult terrain each round. They take no penalties for moving thru it. Every 3 levels beyond 3rd, they may ignore another 10-ft of difficult terrain. In addition, they add their Wisdom modifier as a Dodge bonus to AC vs. attacks of opportunity and on Acrobatics checks to avoid attacks of opportunity caused by movement. This ability replaces fast movement.
- Agile Opponent (Ex)
- Sacred consorts gain a +2 bonus to saves and CMD versus any effect or maneuver that attempts to grapple them or knock them off their feet. They suffers only a -2 penalty on attack rolls they make while prone, and those attacking them gain only a +2 bonus.
- At 4th level, they gain the benefits of the rogue crawl rogue talent. They also add one half their class level on Escape Artist checks, and on CMB checks to bind others or break free of a grapple or pin. This ability replaces flurry of blows, slow fall.
- Agile Wrestler
- The sacred consort suffers no penalties on attack rolls, can make attacks of opportunity while grappling, and retains her Dexterity bonus to AC when pinning and opponent or while grappled. This ability replaces wholeness of body.
- Defensive Roll
- As the UC:Martial Artist class feature. This ability replaces diamond soul.
- Exploit Weakness
- As the UC:Martial Artist class feature. This ability replaces ki pool.
- Fey Incarnate
- At 20th level, a sacred consort becomes a magical creature. She is forevermore treated as a fey for the purposes of spells and magical effects. Additionally, she gains damage reduction 10/cold iron. She is restored to her youth and beauty, and becomes immortal, no longer subject to death from old age. This ability replaces perfect self.
- Focused Mind
- If a sacred consort fails her will save against a mind-affecting effect, she may reattempt her saving throw once more at any point during its duration. This ability replaces still mind.
- Greater Defensive Roll
- As the UC:Martial Artist class feature. This ability replaces empty body.
- Negation (Su)
- As swift action, a sacred consort may switch her unearthly grace bonus from defense to attack, negating an equal amount of supernatural AC defenses including deflection, luck, profane, and force-based armor bonus types against a single foe. While using this ability, their own sacred bonus to ac is lost. This ability replaces quivering palm.
- Redirection (Ex)
- As the UC:Flowing Monk class feature. This ability replaces stunning fist.
- Sacred Aura (Ex)
- A sacred consort has a chaotic aura as a cleric of the same level (see the detect evil spell for details). In addition, they are subject to spells and effects that target good-aligned creatures such as unholy weapons and protection from good.
- Sneak Attack
- As the rogue class feature. This replaces flurry of blows and the monk's escalating unarmed strike damage.
- Unarmed Strike
- A sacred consort gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. Their attacks may be with fist, elbows, knees, and feet. This means that they may make unarmed strikes with their hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack when striking unarmed, therefore they may thus apply their full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all unarmed strikes.
- Usually a sacred consort's unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, but they can choose to deal nonlethal damage instead with no penalty on the attack roll. They have the same choice to deal lethal or nonlethal damage while grappling. A sacred consort's unarmed damage deals 1d6 damage and does not increase at 4th level and above.
- Unbalancing Counter
- As the UC: Flowing Monk class feature. This ability replaces the bonus feat gained at 2nd level.
- Uncanny dodge
- As the rogue class feature. This ability replaces high jump.
- Unearthly Grace (Su)
- A sacred consort adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) as a Sacred bonus on saves versus disease and poison. When unarmored, she adds their Charisma bonus (if any) as a Sacred bonus to armor class. These bonuses increases by +1 at 4th level and again every four levels thereafter to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.
If a character declares their favored class to be Sacred Consort, levels in both the bard archetype and the monk alternate class qualify.
When both the bard archetype and monk alternate class are taken at the same character level, the character gains 8 skill points instead of 6. If their favored class is Sacred Consort, they may only gain their favored class bonus once per character level unless they have some racial ability (such as that of the half elf) that would allow them to select both classes as favored classes.
Once a sacred consort has attained the listed number of levels in each class, they gain the specified benefit.
- Level 1
- The sacred consort gains agile maneuvers as a bonus feat.
- Level 3
- The sacred consort gains defensive combat training as a bonus feat.
- Level 5
- The sacred consort gains complete control over her menstrual cycle and the ability to control (at conception) her child's gender.
- Level 7
- The sacred consort may gain access to provoking performance as a 2nd level masterpiece.
- Performing as a move action, the sacred consort tricks an enemy into seeing a false opening and provokes an attack of opportunity from any opponents who threaten her. She gains a +4 dodge bonus against such attacks. An opponent that makes such an attack and misses her loses their Dexterity bonus to AC against her until the end of her turn. A successful sense motive check opposed by the sacred consort's perform result reveals the false opening for what it is.
- Level 9
- The sacred consort can choose an intelligent creature to inspire and serve as a muse by giving that creature some token of her affection. The benefits of this are identical to the nymph's Inspiration ability.
- Level 11
- The sacred consort's control over her internal body chemisty allows her to commit suicide with a thought simply by stopping her heart.
- Level 13
- The sacred consort's control over their metabolism is nearly perfect. As an immediate action, they can enter a state that is indistinguishable from death save by a heal check (DC 10 + 1/2 sacred consort level + Wisdom modifer). While in this state, they can still hear, but are otherwise insensate and helpless. She can remain in this state for up to one hour per level and can awaken as a full-round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.