Rangers gain Acrobatics as a class skill.
The commando sacrifices a strong connection to the natural world in favor of focusing on infiltrating and destroying their enemy wherever they find them.
- Class Skills
- A commando adds Disable Device to their list of class skills and loses Spellcraft.
- A commando adds 1/2 their ranger level on Perception skill checks made to locate traps and on Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). A commando can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps. This ability replaces wild empathy.
- Sneak Attack (Ex)
- The commando gains the ability to make sneak attacks like a rogue. This extra damage is 1d6 at 4th level, and increases by 1d6 every 3 ranger levels thereafter. Commandos do not gain any spells or spellcasting ability, do not have a caster level, and cannot use spell trigger and spell completion magic items.
- Skirmish (Ex)
- At 4th level, whenever a commando makes a charge, their attack deals sneak attack damage as if the target were flat-footed. At 8th level, whenever a commando moves more than 10 feet in a round and makes an attack action, the attack deals sneak attack damage as if the target was flat-footed. If the scout makes more than one attack this turn, this ability only applies to the first attack. Foes with uncanny dodge are immune to this ability. This ability replaces hunter's bond.
New Combat Styles
If the ranger selects the evasive target style, they can choose from the following list whenever they gain a combat style feat:
- Dodge, Mobility, Nimble Moves, Spring Attack
- At 6th level, they add Acrobatic Steps and Wind Stance to the list.
- At 10th level, they add Light Step and Lightning Stance to the list.