In face-to-face/tabletop games, d100 rolls shall be made using a d% and a standard d10 and adding the results at face value.
- A 10-sided die labeled from 00 to 90.
- A 'standard' 10-sided die labeled from 1 to 10.
This means that a result of 00 (d%) and 10 (d10) is 10, not 0, not 100.
When rolling miss chance, this means that only the d% actually needs to be rolled since even the lowest result on the d10 (i.e. 1) results in a sum that beats the miss chance.
- Miss Chance 20%
- 20 (d%) + 1 (d10) = 21 > 20 *success*
- 20 (d%) + 10 (d10) = 30 > 20 *success*
- 10 (d%) + 10 (d10) = 20 !> 20 *failure*