When selecting this ability, existing skill ranks in the associated skills may be redistributed. However, you must first ensure that the number of ranks in the Perform skill are at least equal to the number of ranks the in the associated skill that contained the most ranks. Once that condition is met, the remaining skill ranks may be distributed freely.
Instead of using the Bard's spell progression, you may instead advance the spellcasting of another 9-level casting class. The following bard levels advance the level of their spellcasting abilities by +1:
|*||Assumes 1 level of a full-casting class.|
- Spell List
- Spells on the Bard's spell list are added to that of the base class. They gain them at whatever spell level is more advantageous.
- Bards created using this method do not gain cantrips, but may add the list of bard cantrips to the spell list for their original casting class.
- Caster Level
- Your caster level is equal to that of the existing arcane class plus your bard level although it cannot exceed your hit dice. You cast arcane spells from the schools of divination, enchantment, and illusion at +2 caster level, and cast arcane spells from the schools of evocation and necromancy at -2 caster level.
- Arcane Bond
- If the bard has a familiar from another class, each time their spellcasting ability advances, they familiar improves by the same amount.
These modifications are in addition to those listed in Ultimate Combat.
- Dervish Dance
- You gain Dervish Dance as a bonus feat. (When wielding a scimitar sized for you one-handed with no weapon or shield in your offhand, you may apply your Dex modifier to both attack and damage. It also counts as a piercing weapon for any requirements. This ability replaces countersong.
- Freedom of Movement
- You gain a +2 bonus to resist any spell or effect that impedes movement or bestows the entangled, grappled, or paralyzed conditions. You also gain this bonus on escape artist skill checks and to resist or escape from grapples. This ability replaces well-versed.
- Class Skills
- The skald's class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- Weapon Proficiency
- A skald is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, shortsword, longbow, shortbow, and all light and one-handed martial axes and hammers.
- A skald casts arcane spells drawn from the bard and sorcerer/wizard spell lists. A skald must choose and prepare their spells ahead of time.
- To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the skald must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a skald's spell is 10 + the spell level + the skald's Intelligence modifier.
- A skald cast arcane spells from the schools of divination, enchantment, and illusion at +2 caster level. They cast arcane spells from the schools of evocation and necromancy at -2 caster level.
- A skald must study their spellbook each day to prepare their spells. They cannot prepare any spell not recorded in their spellbook, except for read magic, which all skalds can prepare from memory.
- A skald begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level bard and wizard spells, plus three 1st-level spells of their choice. The skald also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to their Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook. At each new skald level, they gain two new spells of any spell level or levels that they can cast (based on their new skald level) for their spellbook. At any time, a skald can also add spells found in the spellbooks of other skalds and wizards to their own See Chapter 9 of Pathfinder RPG.
Skald Spells per Day
|Skald||____||Spells per Day|